Saturday, December 29, 2007

Scrapbooking Maniac..

Spending the weekend at my moms is like going to a retreat. I bring my scrapbook junk and just scrap my heart away. There's also naps, food and childcare! It always takes me a while to get back in the groove of scrappin' beings I don't get to anymore hardly at all. I don't even know how, seems like. Retreats like this though relax my mind and help me to just escape. One time while having dinner with my daughter and her theatre friends, I heard her say that she gets to be someone else when she is on stage. That broke my heart terribly and I talked to one of my friends about it with tears in my eyes then she gently asked me, "what do you do to escape?" I replied, "scrapbook." She said, "alright then." And it's so true. I'm sure that most of you feel that way. I am a high strung person and scrapbooking relaxes me. Having time with my parents and the way they spoil us is wonderful. At the same time, I look forward to being home with my honey, my "fuffy dog" and the store. It's great to walk into the store and to love what you do. God is good. I also love to see your faces. Come visit soon...

6 comments:

JR said...

Glad you're having a great time! I'm jealous ;) miss you. come home soon!!

Anonymous said...

zlleyna0
beth we are waiting to see pictures of the new store.....come on now and share!! Tanya

Tia said...

Hurry home we all miss you! Give your Mom a big hug for me. She is such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

missed you on Friday! I got lots of GC for Christmas and brought my out of town friends in and you weren't there! Oh well, see you soon! Kristin

Anonymous said...

Beth, I am so excited for you and your upcoming stars. I would love to come to Houston to take all the classed with Rusty and especially Teresa on Feb 1st!! I am not sure where to get on a mailing list but wanted leave you my email so I could. I will be coming in from the DFW area.

dwillisasi@aol.com

Thanks so much and I will look forward to getting signed up as soon as they start. (What side of town are you on?)

Happy New Year and many prayers for continued blessings from God for the new year.

Diana Willis

Anonymous said...

beth,
i want you to know that its you that makes your store!! everytime i walk in your store you have a warm welcome (you dont know me personaly!!) Everytime i buy something in your store you show your apprication you always tell me thank you and sometimes when its slow you tell me how much my sale helps you and your store!!! we all know the amount of money we spend on our scrapbook things (ouch!) :) while your store was closed changing location i had to go get some stuff for a project and dropped a large chunk of money :( and i didnt even get a smile or hello much less a thank you!!! like i said everytime i walk in your store you and your staff welcome everyone...and yes i do know just because the owner is in the store it does not mean they have to speak but a smile would help. Anyway the point of this is to tell you ITS YOU and the person you are that makes the store!! and thats why you and only you get my business!! hope you and your family had a great christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!