Thursday, September 18, 2008

Praise God ...

I hope you are all well after the storm. It's so different when you know things like this are happening in your city. It hurts, doesn't it? I met neighbors that I hadn't met before and cooked outside with them, introduced "Fiona" to the other dogs, and best of all~my kids played together the whole time! They rode bikes, 'outside', which they never do. They had play dough contest, they watched movies, they pushed each other in the wheel barrel, slept in the living room, and even got along. We had great family time. I think we all learned a few things from IKE.
We haven't had electricity at the store or at home (like so many of you). But yall, I can live easily at home with none, but oh I so desperately wanted the lights at the store to come on. I would have to keep telling myself, but it's yours Oh God, not mine. But with all that said, today I had spent the store unpacking UPS & FEDEX boxes just waiting, went home and then @ 7pm my husband called me and said "We have power at the store!" I jumped right back into my car and we are steadily getting things up and running and opening again tomorrow. Still plywood in the window but who cares about that?? Some of you remember not once but twice when I was out of electricity and we were still open :)
Slowly but surely, things are returning to normal. When you are out and about, stop by and share your story about the storm. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

4 comments:

becky said...

Yeah!! God is good! Becky

Anonymous said...

What a big relief! I NEED my FIX!!!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

shopping in the dark is no biggie!! I was the emergencey scrapping situation last thrusday and it was FUN shopping in the dark... and in a big rush! hahahaaa can't wait for you guys to be open so I can come in and get some more goodies!
Is it sad while others were stocking up on hurricane essentals, I was stocking up on scrapping essentals? hahaha

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! So, so glad you are all ok!!!!