Sunday, September 21, 2008

A new week...

How nice to blog from the house! WOW! Power!

You know, all things come out for the good in our lives. We had a great sermon at church today talking about all this.. It was incredible.. I wanted to share with you a few different versions of the scripture that we focused on.
From Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you," says the Lord, "thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. "

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

We just got power here at the house like 1 hour ago, Sunday night, and I was thrilled, but could have gone longer, but geez, the traffic lights were about to drive me crazy! Stop, start, stop, start... so many things to learn from this experience. Right? One of my worker bees, Milissa, lost the roof of her house, completely. Yall, please keep her and her family in your prayers.

On another note, it's so good to be back at the store. We have checked in new Basic Grey, new My Mind's Eye, Cloud 9 and a bunch more. Hope to see you soon!

One more thing... please also keep our friends @ Novel Approach in your prayers. They are precious ladies. Pray that they recover quick from Ike and back in business soon!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

/drools my minds eye... (makes homer dounut drooling noise) I adore them lol
and i hope everyone recovers quickly!! we were super lucky here... and i'm very thankful for that

becky said...

Hey Beth....glad you got power....send them down the road to us!! lol!! take care! Becky

Anonymous said...

Beth I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I've thought about all that everyone has had to go through with this insane storm. All I can think of is how much worse it could have been. We are all so fortunate to have been spared in many ways. I know there are a lot of people dealing with issues with their homes, I have a house full of people that lost their homes or still have NO electricity. With the property devastation I've seen, the loss of life has been so minimal and that is a true BLESSING! Hope to see you soon. Deanna

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth:

I heard you had some damage at the store too. I hope it's not too bad. I am praying for all of the LSS.

Congrats on the return of power. I got mine afer 7 days; someone celebrated a little too much and caused a fire, so everyone in one bldg was displaced.

Looking forward to when you re-open, but probably won't be able to spend much money for a while since I have water damage to deal with. Glad I don't have structural damage too. Good luck Melissa with your roof (good luck with the insurance folks; I hear they can be pretty tough).

Renee D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, I'm so glad to hear that you, your family, and the store are all ok. I heard your husband call into the radio program a week ago and donate the supplies for the couple's wedding album. That was awesome! God bless you all.

Jenny B in Indy said...

I'm SO glad you're back in business, Beth!
I was so worried about your store, glad everything is okay.

I met you when I was visiting Houston over Christmas last year.. You are one sweet lady and I LOOOOVED your store!
Glad you are up and running again.
Jenny