Friday, April 3, 2009

April Junkie Designer of the Month

This month our Junkie Designer of the Month is Deanna Middleton. She is genuine and warm and you will love her design style! Be sure and visit her blog often so you can see her creativity at work:
http://scrappilyeverafter-cheriese.blogspot.com/

Q. Share a favorite photo of yourself.

Q. What part of the Houston area do you live in? What do you love about living there?
A. I live in League City, south of Houston. I love living here because it is so close to the beach!

Q. What is your 'day' job?
A. Stay-at-home mom/Special Education Substitute Teacher

Q. Describe your scrap space. (Dedicated room, dining room table, closet, etc.)
A. My things are stored in the study, which would be my dedicated scrap room. However, I like being around everyone while I play so I do most of my scrapping at the dining room table.

Q. How did you start scrapbooking?
A. My best friend Jeannette invited me to a Close To My Heart party.I loved all of it, the paper, the stamps, and embellishments, absolutely everything.

Q. How long have you been scrapbooking?
A. I actually started scrapbooking back in high school. We just didn't have all of the fun things to use like we do now. But since becoming addicted to it...it has been about 5 years.

Q. How often do you scrapbook?
A. Whenever I have the extra time!

Q. How long does it take you to create a layout?
A. It depends. Sometimes ideas come really fast, but most of the time it takes me about a week of moving things around and trying different pieces to get the feel that I really like. Then I go back when it is finished and tweak it more.

Q. What is your favorite product line right now?
A. That's easy...DOODLEBUG!

Q. Describe your Scrapbooking style?
A. I don't really have a style I don't think. Usually my pages have clean lines and are pretty symmetrical. However, I can't wait to try some of the fun stuff I found recently in Somerset Memories magazine!

Q. Share a favorite layout & why it's your favorite. Be sure to make note of what products you used.
A. This layout that I did for my youngest is one of my favorites. I love the colors of the paper for one thing. I also love to doodle on my pages, and this page gave me the perfect opportunity to draw all over it - title and all! Of course the subject matter is also one of my faves :) As far as supplies, I am not sure of the brand of paper but I used 4 or 5 different sheets from the same line, Scotch 3D tape, and a marker.

No comments: