Thursday, January 8, 2009

We are back from Tahoe and I just gotta tell you a couple of funnies...
To start things off, the first step that I took out of the rental car, onto the driveway of the house that we rented, I slipped on the ice and fell. It's the kind of fall that you look around to see if anyone saw and it makes you so embarrassed. I fell in the driveway twice! (Don't you know that the people that live there, say, "It's gotta be a southerner!"
We spent a day in the snow and built a snowman, which was the cutest little fella I must say. It's not that easy rolling a snowball! We spent a day skiing, and if you could have only seen me! On the butt just about the whole time. Now I can fall pretty good. Mike looks so good in the gear. Wow! Gavin has found the sport that he loves. It's his 2nd time to ski and I think he could go for the blues next time. Little squirt. Syd got the hang of it pretty easy. I gave up! Oh well, next time!
Then the snowmobile... Yall, in my head I was thinking that we would just get on one, and do our own little thing. No, it was a tour.. and you had to keep up with the others. This snowmobile looked like a monster to me! Freaked me out. The guide was telling us all the things that you shouldn't do and what to do, and by this time I was scared to death! Sydni told Mike that she was scared about riding with me but never told me that. What a trouper. Poor thing! I am serious when I tell you that the tour lasted an extra hour and a half! Why? Mostly because of me!!! The conditions were icy, so the back of the snowmobile would wind out and get stuck. (Others would too though.) Great. I didn't go very fast either, so the group would have to all stop and wait on me. Hahaha. I had total knots in my shoulders and I held them dog-gone handles so tight that I felt like my hands would lock up! Finally I began to loosen up and was able to see some of the view that I went on the tour for! The beauty of it all, made it worth the whole experience. It was actually my favorite part of the trip!
But we are home, safe and sound, (thank God) and I'm ready to get things in order at home and get things ordered for the store. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

hey junkettes... yea i came up with a name for all of us hahaha
i updated my blog with some awesomeness for everyone to look at!!!!