Monday, December 29, 2008

What a wonderful Christmas here @ the Calais' house. Danielle was home and my parents shared the holidays with us. One of the most touching moments of our time together was when Sydni gave us the presents she had for us. She wrote poems for each of us. I opened my gift first and read it outloud, with a little break in my voice. (All I knew was that I better read it quick or else... I would lose it.) Then Mike had his turn. It began to get tougher. Dan read hers having to stop after each sentence due to tears. By now, we are all wiping our eyes, even my dad. Gavin was beginning to cry heavily. It was his turn now to read his. He began to sob. We were actually all crying now. To hear my daddy say that he was so glad to have shared that moment with us was priceless. It was a Christmas that will always be so special in my heart.
We are packing up to head to Lake Tahoe in a couple of days and I'll have to see Danielle off again. That's always the hardest part of my visits there, or her visits here. To leave. But God always picks up my heart after the separation and reminds me that all will be ok.
My UPS guy should have my new Canon to me on Wednesday! Just in time for the trip. (I may have to give him a little peck on the cheek when I see him!) I won't have a clue what buttons to press on the camera, but I'll have it!
There are 12 of us family members going together. Yep, and my XXL will come! I have some kits planned, just gotta match up some embelly's to my paper and pictures. As always, I have so much to do! Have a great week my fellow Junkies!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

happy new year!!!

Anonymous said...

Lake Tahoe is wonderful...enjoy your time there.