Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Junkie Designer of the Month

This month our Junkie Designer of the Month is
Lizzie Oakley. She is spirited and unique and we know that you will love her style! Be sure and visit her blog often so you can see her creativity at work: http://mommalizzie.blogspot.com/

Q. Share a favorite photo of yourself.
A. This is a newer photo of me... but my hair is just
A M A Z I N G in it!



Q. What part of the Houston area do you live in? What do you love about living there?
A. I wish I lived in Houston! I live in Texas City... its stinky and mucky and so far away from the hustle and bustle of the skyline. *sigh* One day I’ll live there! But my partner loves Texas City... and I love him... so I’ll stay here for him.

Q. What is your 'day' job?
A. pft... scrapping is my day job! I’m a Stay-At-Home-Mom and I cook and clean and do laundry and clean snotty noses and then glue and glitterize and create when they nap LOL

Q. Describe your scrap space. (Dedicated room, dining room table, closet, etc..)
A. It's a cute lil’ nook on the wall with my cute lil’ paint covered table, my sewing machine (oh how I love thee) my computer and tons of standing storage units that hold paint and paper.

Q. How did you start scrapbooking?
A. My BFF Nikki Davis that lives by St. Louis got me into it. I wanted a creative way to record Adin's baby book so I doodled all over the baby book and she suggested scrapping. I thought it was just for old ladies in nursing homes... but it's not! It’s the most amazing and fun paper craft out there!! How naive I was!

Q. How long have you been scrapbooking?
A. When I was young... like 14, I had an NSYNC scrapbook that was just cut outs and magazine articles... it was fun to make. But then I got older and in March 2008 I started the traditional scrapping.

Q. How often do you scrapbook?
A. As much as I can! Sometimes it's everyday for a good week... and other times I might only get to do it a few times a month (like recently... grrr) but I’m always looking forward to crops with friends!

Q. How long does it take you to create a layout?
A. Eh... usually like 30 minutes...but if paint is involved it can take up to two hours... depending on the layers and if there is journaling.

Q. What is your favorite product line right now?
A. SASSAFRASS! I love all things sass... man if I was on their Design Team I would die!

Q. Describe your Scrapbooking style?
A. I like to junk it up! I love using things that you wouldn't normally put on a page... sometimes it comes out G R E A T! and other times... blah! But hey I’m a risk taker! And I try new things and new products as much as I can!!

Q. Share a favorite layout & why it's your favorite.
A. Right now I’m loving the layout I did for January Bad Girls’ kits. This puppy actually won for the month of January for the tote bag challenge. I’m so honored and excited to have won this!!! Love the Jenni Bowlin, Making Memories , Tim Holtz Grungeboard and vintage pieces.

No comments: